Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tortillaless Burrito Soup with Recipe, an escape from Cthulthu madness


 
If you read my other blog you know that I am trying to reduce the size of my booty, and most other things on me, too. Ok, never mind. I would like to keep my big booty, big chest and big hair, but the rest of me can shrink a bit, thank you. Because I have been keeping track of calories, nutrition, etc, I have been eating more beans than normal, and normally I eat a lot of beans.

Right now, the bean vehicle of choice is a black bean burrito in a low carb tortilla with onion. It doesn’t sound great, but it tastes pretty wonderful. However, horror and damnation stuck two days ago when I went to make my precious bean burrito and I was out of tortillas!! The horror! The insanity! The wailing and gnashing of teeth! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!!

Instead of giving into the gibbering horrors creeping upon me I decided to create a new dish. This one was tasty, filling, and used things I had around the house. Try this the next time you are without tortillas. :>

 
Tortillaless Burrito Soup
Makes 3 cups

1 can of black beans (15 oz), drained
1 jar of picante style salsa, mild (I used Trader Joes Garden Salsa)
1 can of diced green chilies, 4 oz
1 medium tomato
½ a small red onion
¼ a cup of Daiya vegan cheese shreds  

 
Combine the black beans, salsa and green chilies in a small pot.
Dice the tomatoes and onion, then add. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes so the onion and tomato are slightly cooked.
Remove and stir in the Daiya cheese. Divide into three bowls, about 1 cup each.

 

Each cup is

193 calories
2g of fat
34g carbs
8 g fiber
11g protein
5 Weight Waters points

No comments:

Post a Comment